Fashion Trend Normcore

Fashion Trend - Birkenstock

 

“I am excited and amused to see them become so fashionable!” Susannah, a New York University senior, had a similar reaction. “I grew up a mega hippie in the mountains of Los Angeles. I’m pretty sure Birkenstocks are the elected shoe of Topanga Canyon, and Chinese slippers have forever occupied my closet,” adds the 21-year-old fine arts major.

To keep it stylishly on point, Savannah stresses the importance of balance: “Duck boots are classic, and I like seeing them paired with more trendy pieces. Shower slides add a bit of boyishness to a sweet dress.”

Chill-out kicks seamlessly work into Susannah’s personal wardrobe as well. “I like unisex items such as old army and navy uniforms,” says the emerging face, who claims she’d “never dreamed of being a model” before she was discovered by Saint Laurent designer Hedi Slimane.

Since then, she has become the master of juggling both art courses and modeling, even if it has affected her sartorial choices. “One second I will be in the welding studio and the next at a casting,” Susannah says. “The double life has forced me to be confident walking into a room of fashion people while wearing a pair of Converse and overalls without makeup, which is how it often ends up!”

She does have some normcore qualms, however. “I don’t think I could ever rock a visor or a fanny pack,” Susannah declares. “Then again, I once thought I would never wear Crocs — but I will say, after today, they are hauntingly comfortable.” If the shoe fits....

In recent years, the normcore trend surfaced aggressively, and high-end labels like Céline, Chanel, and Marni offered takes on the average-looking, unpretentious, comfy shoes of the masses. Fashion plates nonchalantly slipped out of their stilettos and into refined versions of the everyday staples.

But normcore footwear is more than a passing fad — it’s become a runway fixture over the last few seasons. For anyone not wanting to break the bank to get the look, stylist Savannah White and model Susannah Liguori confirm that the authentic original standbys make the same statement as their luxury counterparts. “I grew up wearing Birkenstocks and Wallabees, but they weren’t considered cool,” BIR admits 27-year-old Savannah, who never imagined that her career in New York would ever remind her of her teenage years in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Online Stores With Free Shipping And No Minimum

HTC Vive review | Daily Post

10 Things That Sum Up The Differences Between Tourists And Travellers